Archive for category Sales Effectiveness
At ASTD 2012 International Conference & Exposition, 3GS Discusses Training the Oracle Sales Management Team
Join us at the ASTD 2012 International Conference & Exposition as Martyn Lewis, Principal & Founder of 3GS, discusses how 3GS developed and delivered a live virtual sales training program that enabled a vice president of sales at Oracle to transform his sales management team in a short period of time while keeping staff in the field and completely eliminating travel-related costs.
Non-Traditional and Blended Learning Approaches: Transforming the Sales Management Team at Oracle
ASTD 2012 International Conference & Exposition
Martyn Lewis, Principal & Founder, 3GS
Monday, May 7, 2012
Colorado Convention Center
In this session, attendees will learn more about:
- Specific training strategies and technologies, as well as a highly innovative model for creating live virtual classrooms
- Maximizing the engagement and significantly increasing the ROI of training programs
- Strategies for handling obstacles to creating effective live virtual learning experiences
The vice president of sales at Oracle needed a program for training his sales managers that would be measurably effective within a short period of time while keeping staff in the field and completely eliminating travel-related costs. This session demonstrates how a live virtual sales training program constructed to totally engage participants in short weekly sessions conducted over several weeks was able to achieve highly successful results.
Case Study Highlights
- The vast majority of sales managers who went through the program—more than 80 percent—completed all work assignments
- The majority of participants reported that the approaches and tools they learned in the program were relevant and applicable to their jobs
- Managers overwhelmingly agreed that the live virtual training approach – which borrowed techniques from broadcast media and was highly interactive and more effective than any other approach used in the past.
- Post-program participant satisfaction rates for content, delivery, facilitation, and engagement were all superior to benchmarks based on previous training events conducted in a physical—rather than a virtual—classroom
- Within three months of the program, the sales management team saw measurable and sustainable increases in average deal size, win ratio, and velocity of deals through the buying-selling process
- The program saved $60,000 in travel-related costs
May 15 Live Webcast of Oracle Case Study
For those who can’t attend the ASTD conference this year, Martyn will be delivering a live webcast of his ASTD presentation. Be sure to register for this must-attend event!
Transformational Training: A Case Study on Non-Traditional and Blended Learning Approaches at Oracle
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
10:00-11:00 a.m. PT / 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET
Visit our website to register for the webcast.
Join us on January 25, 2012 when Beverly Lock, principal at 3g Selling, will be a panelist on ES Research Group’s Sales Thought-Leader Panel Series. Beverly’s panel, “Sales Leadership Strategies in a Virtual, Mobile, and Social World,” is a must-attend for sales managers and sales executives looking to get a handle on the new rules of engagement for sales leaders in today’s technologically-enabled world.
Sales Leadership Strategies in a Virtual, Mobile, and Social World
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 – 12:00 ET / 9:00 PT / 1800 GMT
Moderator: Dave Stein, CEO, ES Research Group (ESR)
- Dave Kurlan, CEO, Kurlan Associates
- Jim Brodo, VP Marketing, Richardson
- Beverly Lock, Principal, 3g Selling
- Donal Daly, CEO, The TAS Group
ES Research Group describes the Sales Thought-Leader Panel Series as “a panel of sales thought-leaders who will discuss and debate what works and what doesn’t. No slides, no scripts, no promotions. Live questions, via audio, from the audience.”
Find more information about the entire panel series at www.esresearch.com/thought-leaders.
See the announcement here.
For a limited time, organizations can register their sales managers and sales reps for the program and save 20% off the normal registration fee.
Interested in this offer? You can sign up here.
Who Should Register
Anyone with the responsibility for maximizing sales results from an account, a territory or a portfolio of channel partners, and/or those who manage such roles.
This program provides a unique way in which to take business and planning fundamentals to the profession of salesperson—and in a manner that sales people will embrace.
Central to the program is the belief that the sales pipeline is the very core of what selling is all about. In a totally unique way, the program reveals that the traditional sales funnel should rarely be actually shaped like a funnel. Using the ground breaking work of Martyn Lewis from Market-Partners, participants are shown how this traditional view of the sales funnel and pipeline could not only disguise what is really happening in their businesses but also be a detriment to performance, forcing time to be spent in the wrong sales activities at the wrong time.
All too often, sales forecasting is seen as a zero-value-add exercise in reporting.
This webinar—delivered by 3g Selling founder Martyn Lewis in partnership with Advantage Performance Group—delves into the crucial role sales forecasting plays in optimizing your selling strategy and supporting the role of the sales manager as business leader and coach.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Why current approaches to sales forecasting yield little result while burdening sales organizations with unnecessary administration
- The 5 typical mistakes made in forecasting approaches
- An optimal approach to best practice sales forecasting
- The 7 secrets of creating an accurate sales forecast
- Why the sales forecasting process is key to effective coaching