Join us at the ASTD 2012 International Conference & Exposition as Martyn Lewis, Principal & Founder of 3GS, discusses how 3GS developed and delivered a live virtual sales training program that enabled a vice president of sales at Oracle to transform his sales management team in a short period of time while keeping staff in the field and completely eliminating travel-related costs.
Non-Traditional and Blended Learning Approaches: Transforming the Sales Management Team at Oracle
ASTD 2012 International Conference & Exposition
Martyn Lewis, Principal & Founder, 3GS
Monday, May 7, 2012
Colorado Convention Center
In this session, attendees will learn more about:
- Specific training strategies and technologies, as well as a highly innovative model for creating live virtual classrooms
- Maximizing the engagement and significantly increasing the ROI of training programs
- Strategies for handling obstacles to creating effective live virtual learning experiences
The vice president of sales at Oracle needed a program for training his sales managers that would be measurably effective within a short period of time while keeping staff in the field and completely eliminating travel-related costs. This session demonstrates how a live virtual sales training program constructed to totally engage participants in short weekly sessions conducted over several weeks was able to achieve highly successful results.
Case Study Highlights
- The vast majority of sales managers who went through the program—more than 80 percent—completed all work assignments
- The majority of participants reported that the approaches and tools they learned in the program were relevant and applicable to their jobs
- Managers overwhelmingly agreed that the live virtual training approach – which borrowed techniques from broadcast media and was highly interactive and more effective than any other approach used in the past.
- Post-program participant satisfaction rates for content, delivery, facilitation, and engagement were all superior to benchmarks based on previous training events conducted in a physical—rather than a virtual—classroom
- Within three months of the program, the sales management team saw measurable and sustainable increases in average deal size, win ratio, and velocity of deals through the buying-selling process
- The program saved $60,000 in travel-related costs
May 15 Live Webcast of Oracle Case Study
For those who can’t attend the ASTD conference this year, Martyn will be delivering a live webcast of his ASTD presentation. Be sure to register for this must-attend event!
Transformational Training: A Case Study on Non-Traditional and Blended Learning Approaches at Oracle
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
10:00-11:00 a.m. PT / 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET
Visit our website to register for the webcast.